Skip to main content

4/20

FFW: Being able to write on my own without much help from my peers or interactions with my teachers allowed me to use the previous comments on my essay that Professor Kiley and Professor Mirwis gave to me. Also, I also got my mom to sort of spell check my essay and help me with corrections.

FFW: As I read this book, Drown, I can compare it to this book I have called The Adventures of Tom Sawyer because in this book, the suspense builds up over time and then something unexpected happens just like in Drowned. An example would be when Ysrael removed his mask.


FFW 1: To add on to what Samer said about losing motivation to work, I believe that over this lock down, it has been harder for me to be able to complete what needs to be done. Usually, I am really lost and I don't really know where to start.

FFW 2: Some kinds of "mirrors" that may represent people on a cultural level could be any form of art such as music, dance, art, etc. Media is very important nowadays and its really what most people do to spend their time. With these sort of mirrors, their are some type of people in movies, books, or just celebrities that have a mirror affect that can effect me in a cultural way. To add on, some of my role models that I aspire to be use the "mirror", music which is also my way out.

FFW 3: In the text, Junot Diaz says the word monstrous and online it says the meaning of this word is to be ugly or have a monster looking face. He says how he has felt monstrous and if you look into today's world that is something that can be seen a lot. Something that society is great at is giving a label. It means one thing but there is always a double meaning under.

FFW 4: I cannot relate to this word personally because I learned to love myself and not let others opinions control me, but it can be applied to some people in society. Overall, I believe people should learn to love themselves because that is what makes you stronger at the end of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My poem